Hyde's tales

"Once upon a time, Hyde decided he could weave.
So he took to spinning yarn."

God save us all!


Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Life in mono

The stranger sang a theme
From someone else’s dream
The leaves began to fall
And no one spoke at all


I don't know if that meeting was destined. I wish it wasn't. I had just about gotten myself to move on and put the past behind me when he told me his tale. Does the human mind have to be so frail?


But I can’t seem to recall
When you came along
Ingenue


And then, she came from nowhere. An innocent young woman, with a past she wanted to put behind her.

People talk of love at first sight. I never experienced it... no, not with her as well. But, she began to grow on me. And that put me in a predicament.


Ingenue
I just don’t know what to do


Should I make the first move? And tell her what I have begun to feel? And take the risk of getting hurt?

There were a few times in the past when I wanted to, but could not say it. Out of fear of hurting and getting hurt.

They went on with their lives and found others. While I continued to live a life in mono.


The tree-lined avenue
Begins to fade from view
Drowning past regrets
In tea and cigarettes


Tobacco for breakfast. Lunch. And dinner. With helpings of food in between. While I chewed on the same thoughts over and over again.

Is it love?

Or just an infatuation?

Does she think on similar lines?

Will she agree to at least give it a try?

The white of the ashtray contrasted the grey ash of countless cigarettes I smoked. No time for admiration; there is a more important thing to do, I chided myself.


But I can’t seem to forget
When you came along
Ingenue


To do... or not to do, that is the question. Shakespeare had it easy, I suppose. Hamlet was only a character. I am not. Hamlet dies in the end. I... ?


Ingenue
I just don’t know what to do


I just don't know what to do.

Credits : "Life in mono" by Mono (UK).

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Return