Hyde's tales

"Once upon a time, Hyde decided he could weave.
So he took to spinning yarn."

God save us all!


Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bang! Bang!

I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Childhood sweetheart. That is what he was to me. We grew up in the same neighbourhood. We studied in the same school. We played our games together.

Bang! Bang!
He shot me down
Bang! Bang!
I hit the ground
Bang! Bang!
That awful sound
Bang! Bang!
My baby shot me down

Cops and Robbers. Doctors and Patients. Shopkeepers and Buyers.

But my favourite was Our Family. He, I and our imagined kids.

We used to dream of how we would get married once we grew up.

"By the time we are thirty, we will have our own house and lots of kids."

"And the house will have a pretty little garden with a swing in the middle."

All this when we were still kids.

Seasons came and changed the time
When I grew up I called him mine
He would always laugh and say
Remember when we used to play

Teenaged life was no different. He began noticing other girls, but I was still special to him.

He was always special to me.

Bang! Bang!
I shot you down
Bang! Bang!
You hit the ground
Bang! Bang!
That awful sound
Bang! Bang!
I used to shoot you down

He moved to a different city to study further. I promised to wait for him. He promised to return soon.

I waited. For years.

Music played and people sang
Just for me the church bells rang
Now he's gone I don't know why
And to this day sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie

Love is madness. Love is blind. The madness blinded me. I set out in search of him. I had almost given up hope when I saw him one day in a restaurant.

Holding the hand of another woman and whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

Bang! Bang!
He shot me down
Bang! Bang!
I hit the ground
Bang! Bang!
That awful sound
Bang! Bang!
My baby shot me down

6 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Return