Dream about me
Babe, oh dream about me
Lie, on the phone to me
Tell me no truth, if it is bad
There's enough in my life
To make me so sad
He works in my office. Sadly, not in the same room. I use every opportunity I get to get a glimpse of him. And he remains impassive.
Every time.
Just dream about-
Colour fills our lives
Just dream about-
Someone else tonight
She and I work in the same office. We sit at opposite ends of a very large room. I sit at my desk, concentrating on my work. But I know when she walks behind me. I'd recognise the sounds of her heels anywhere.
And babe, oh dream about me
On the phone, talking quietly
I want to be yours
I want you to be mine
Against red skies, through all time
Sometimes I get the feeling that he knows about my feelings for him. Our eyes met several times and each time he is the first to break the gaze. Whenever we have talked, his replies are always formal. I wish he was friendlier. I wish he would smile once in a while.
And babe, oh dream about me
Lie, on the phone to me
Tell me no truth, if it is bad
There's enough in my life
To make me so sad
The conversations I have with her, it is always a mixed bag. Formal questions get formal answers, teasing lines are replied with smiles. But somewhere, something went wrong. Being on friendly terms, I did not expect her to tell me that my friendly banter makes her uncomfortable. It came as a shock to me.
Just dream about-
Colour fills our lives
Just dream about-
Someone else tonight
Maybe there is a girl in his life.
Just dream about-
Colour fills our song
Just dream about-
How I will let go...
Maybe there is a guy in her life.


19 Comment(s):
At 12/26/2005 7:47 AM,
Hyde said…
Yeah? I must be psychic!
At 12/27/2005 11:04 AM,
Safari Al said…
nice...
specially like this part.
And babe, oh dream about me
Lie, on the phone to me
Tell me no truth, if it is bad
There's enough in my life
To make me so sad
nice writing, dude.
At 12/27/2005 11:07 AM,
Hyde said…
I must give credit where it is due. The text in italics are the lyrics of a song by Moby called "Dream about me".
At 12/28/2005 7:40 AM,
Selma Mirza said…
Smiles hidden beneath fake identities, one masked face greets another.
At 12/28/2005 8:31 AM,
Safari Al said…
Yeah, i googled it a little while later.
Liked the date story.
If you do smoke, like the blurb hints, drop by sometime. I have a post you might like.
And a Happy new year to you.
At 12/28/2005 9:03 AM,
erebus said…
nice.... reminds of the guy and teh chick in "the office"..
At 12/28/2005 12:30 PM,
Hyde said…
Safari Al, you talking about the latest post on your blog? There is something about it that I like (no, not the smoking part), but I am not able to put my finger on it.
At 12/28/2005 12:31 PM,
Hyde said…
Erebus, am assuming you are talking about a movie. (making note to self about The Office).
At 12/28/2005 12:31 PM,
Hyde said…
Thulika, there is always a "maybe there is someone else". :-)
At 12/28/2005 12:33 PM,
Hyde said…
Evenstar, I read what you had to say on being your own butterfly. Eerily similar at a lot of places, barring things girl-specific. You use YM?
At 12/28/2005 2:53 PM,
Safari Al said…
yep...never mind.
but you guys leave comments on your own blog? kinda difficult to track down each time.
i dont know but somewhere you seem to be the kinda guy i'd hang around with. no offense and all.
but hey chennai is pretty far off and my knowledge is limited to mylapore and adayar.
At 12/28/2005 5:00 PM,
Hyde said…
Well yeah, we leave comments on our blogs. Because it is our space, you see. For a new reader, it will be difficult in the beginning to keep track of comments.
I don't see why I should take offense. Was that supposed to be "don't seem to be the kinda guy I'd hang around with"? :-))
At 12/28/2005 5:01 PM,
Hyde said…
Did I type "offense" instead of "offence"?
The horror!
At 12/28/2005 6:02 PM,
Safari Al said…
dont matter...what i meant was that its kinda weird for someone to come hunting elsewhere to find a comment to something that was where he/she started out.
i know thats a lot of variables but please put it down to the present engineering 'education' that i am supposed to be doing.
simply put...it would be nice if you left comments on my blog the way i leave comments on yours. makes it easier to reply.
At 12/28/2005 7:35 PM,
Hyde said…
It would be nice, but spoils the conversation thread. If you were to read this later and wanted to know exactly how I responded, you will have to search your blog to keep track.
Mail is another option. The address is at the top-right corner.
At 1/06/2006 7:35 PM,
Mrs. Dalloway said…
Hmm.... where have I heard a part of this 'story' and before?
At 1/06/2006 8:20 PM,
Hyde said…
You have? I didn't tell you... oh wait, I did, I did! :-D
At 1/10/2006 10:25 PM,
silverine said…
Maybe they should stop speculating and talk :))
Awesome write!
At 1/10/2006 10:28 PM,
Hyde said…
If they did talk, it wouldn't make you go awww in the end. :-))
Post a Comment
<< Return