The book
'Is that a new book?' she asked, pointing at the book that I was holding.
'Yes. It's called "Frankly Spooking", written by a blogger I know', I replied.
'How many books will you buy? What about those?' she asked, pointing at the stack of unread books near me.
I grinned and said that I would read them after I finished the one in my hands.
She shook her head, knowing that it wouldn't happen anytime soon. 'I am going to sleep. When will you be done?'
'Last 15 pages or so.'
'Have you finished the book already?'
'No, I am reading only the last story. It is longer than the rest.'
'Please don't wake me up! I need my sleep tonight' she said grumpily, and disappeared into the bedroom.
Ten minutes later, I put the book down and walked towards the bedroom, mentally imagining the story unfold in front of me.
I shivered involuntarily.
I opened the door to the bedroom and found her reading a book.
'I need my sleep tonight' I mimicked her. 'What are you reading now?'
'Your spooky book. I couldn't sleep so I started reading it.'
'Huh? But I left the book on the table in the hall', I said turning to look at the table.
The book was still there. I turned back in shock.
'Whaddya mean...' I began.
At that very moment, the lights went out.


4 Comment(s):
At 4/04/2014 3:39 PM,
phatichar said…
Haha... super! Make her read it now :P
At 4/06/2014 8:11 PM,
S said…
That was cute actually :P if she was just spooking you out
At 4/06/2014 9:04 PM,
Hyde said…
@S, it's just a story! :-)
@phatichar, she read it and her first reaction was "I was not grumpy!" :-D
At 4/07/2014 9:34 AM,
phatichar said…
Haha... :D
Post a Comment
<< Return