My white flag
I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were
'I know what you want to say. And I know you also know what I will say. But I will say it anyway. Your loving me or not doesn't matter to me. I know in time you will' I said.
She sighed deeply and shook her head. 'It's of no use.'
'I am willing to wait' I persisted.
'You know it doesn't work this way. You have been telling me this for the last one year. Has anything changed since then?' she demanded.
'I know something has, which is why I am willing to wait.'
'It's useless to reason with you.'
'See you know me so well, might as well give up, yes?' I grinned.
She smiled weakly. 'If it were only that simple...'
I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be
That was many, many years ago.
Come to think it of it, it was only a few years ago!
I had heard of people rebounding onto someone else. I always wondered how it happened. Because I never rebounded onto anyone.
Till she came along.
But today, as I heard this song again, it brought back memories- sweetly painful ones.
Of resolve, of conviction, of reasons to persevere.
And then, of doubt, of being incapable to wait indefinitely.
No, I wasn't going to give up, I had told myself then. One does not just give up on the sweetest thing one has found, only because... well, in hindsight, that was a good reason to give up.
The song, it served to remind me of something that I had forgotten in time.
How I had given up that day itself.


2 Comment(s):
At 7/30/2011 2:50 PM,
Dibzzi said…
Liked the honesty of the post....nice one
At 10/18/2011 3:08 AM,
Pavitra said…
Poignant...we say so much of what we ourselves do not realise we cannot be true to.
It's only words...words that are so believable and yet so deceiving.
Write a book Hyde...
Post a Comment
<< Return