The blogger
'My real name is Anupa. The name you got from my blog is not my real name, though it sounds very realistic' she laughed.
My cogs in my mind began to turn, trying furiously to recall where I had heard the name before, before settling down to return a memory of a person who used to blog a long time ago.
What was her blog called, I asked myself. And the mind returned "apuna"- her name in reverse.
But that was many years ago and I had later met some women who were also called Anupa. I shrugged the coincidence away and concentrated on the task at hand- my bowl of ice-cream.
She continued talking about her life in Delhi and how she was getting used to a different yet exciting life in Bangalore. I nodded along.
'I didn't make many friends in the blog world back then' she continue. 'I was more keen on writing when I wanted. I already had friends in my real world. But there was one person I remember who, for lack of proper words, went beyond.'
'Hmm...?' There were so many like that for me.
'Of course, I don't remember her name very well now. It has been so many years. We used to talk about the boy she was seeing then. That, and her college life'
Her voice took a more animated tone as she tried to remember every thing, digging deep into the recesses of her mind.
'And I remember her blog template was quite unusual. It was so nice that I wanted a copy for myself. But she refused to give it to me since her boyfriend had made it specially for her.'
She smiled. 'I could understand the sentiment, and didn't ask her after that.'
'Oh' I said simply.
'Yeah and her boyfriend had an unusual name for a blogger- Tusitala. Apparently it is a name R. L. Stevenson adopted some time later in his life.'
'Tusitala... a black blog with a white writing area. And the template you asked for was a white notebook with black borders. Yes?'
'Oh, you read them too?'
'In a way. I used to blog as Tusitala.'


2 Comment(s):
At 12/01/2010 10:02 PM,
Pavitra said…
It is an amazing co-incidence and a situation all of us bloggers wil find intriguing and thrilling...meeting another blogger in person...a person who's dreams and thoughts you have shared but know nothing of in the real world. Love the concept.
But, I do think it would have been more hard hitting had there been a deeper connection between the two...if there could be more history or a future...now its just a coincidence without an impact or drama.
Cheers hyde!
At 12/02/2010 1:00 PM,
Hyde said…
Am assuming you've never met another blogger before. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Return