The restaurant
'You could have listened to me.' she began.
He looked up from the menu card he was reading.
'What's wrong with the restaurant I chose? They serve good food and the ambience is wonderful. But you had to choose this place. This! Dull walls. Plain furniture. Old table mats. And the food is just about ok.' she continued.
He smiled.
'Don't smile at me!' she glared at him. 'Tell me why you wanted to come here.'
He sighed deeply and put the menu card aside.
Then leaning forward, he said softly 'I'd take quiet restaurant with dull ambience and average food any day over good food and wonderful ambience. You want to know why?'
She nodded.
'Because when I am looking at you, I don't want to hear bawling children and loud parents. Because when I am looking at you, I don't want to be distracted by the food I am served. Because when I am looking at you, I don't want to look over your shoulder and gaze at the wall behind you.'
Leaning back, he asked with a smile 'So shall we go to the place you chose?'


3 Comment(s):
At 1/09/2010 11:38 PM,
Much ado about nothing.... said…
Thats a really good excuse.. will come in handy to many in these times of recession! :)
At 11/23/2010 10:03 PM,
Pavitra said…
Charmer!
:-) Its glossy and beautiful and heart-melting and in an actual situation I might actually believe it. but why are men such smooth liars and women such gullible fools?
Hyde...you need to write. Its been almost a year since I read a post on this blog. And I love this blog.
At 11/24/2010 12:17 PM,
Hyde said…
Prude, I don't know what it is with women that a from-the-heart statement evokes such cynicism!
But I am guilty of not story-telling for a long time. Stories get stuck and die. :-(
You don't like to read the other blog?
Post a Comment
<< Return