Two guys and a girl - Version 4
'Well... I don't know how things will proceed from here' he began. 'I only know that things cannot work out between us, the situation is such.'
I nodded.
'She walked out on me. I couldn't stop her out of helplessness. I wish I did something else, I wish I wasn't what I was then...'
Unknown to himself, he was blabbering. In such a state this kind of behaviour is normal.
'I think she is seeing someone else now. She vaguely hinted at it but did not tell me who. I did not ask, somehow it didn't seem right.'
'Hmm' I murmured.
'Anyway, there are things I got to do now. Important client is visiting tomorrow and I have to prepare a presentation. And I have taken a lot of your time' he sounded apologetic.
'That's alright, we can speak later. Chin up, things will be alright' I told him and disconnected the phone.
Two days later, she called me.
'You know what its like Eddie. I cannot forget him and I think it is the same with him. But I do not dare ask, after all I was the one who walked out of the relationship. If he had only stopped me...' she trailed off.
'Yes, you told me before' I murmured, almost to myself.
There was silence for a few minutes.
'How are you doing?' she asked me.
'Oh fine, just fine. Can get better though.'
'I am glad' she said. She sounded like a person with a relieved smile.
'I did tell you I will be alright. This is not the first time that something didn't work out. The situation is so familiar that I can walk out it with my eyes closed.' I said.
'Yes, you told me before. But I am not as emotionally strong as you are. I wish I could... I am sorry I rebounded onto you.'


6 Comment(s):
At 4/09/2008 8:34 PM,
Much ado about nothing.... said…
I simply loved this blog!
Hope to see you post more often here ;)
At 4/09/2008 10:40 PM,
Hyde said…
It has become a once in a month thing these days... :-)
At 4/29/2008 4:17 PM,
KM said…
you write really well.
:)
At 4/29/2008 5:38 PM,
Hyde said…
Thanks Khizzy. :-)
At 5/02/2008 9:44 PM,
Much ado about nothing.... said…
Well past a month! Oh come on..
At 5/06/2008 7:42 AM,
Hyde said…
Working on a couple of ideas. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Return