The dream
We were watching a movie on the television- she and I. With numerous channels to choose from, a random channel showing a random movie resulted. Not that it bothered us- we just wanted to idle our time away.
Together.
The television blared while both of us watched the plot of the movie unfold. Our eyes were glued to the screen, but our minds were elsewhere. I knew it and she knew it. The silence between us spoke volumes.
She shifted on the couch to make herself more comfortable. In doing so, she moved closer to me. Hmmm?
A few minutes later, she shifted again- this time snuggling upto me.
If I don't make a move now, I am certainly daft. But there are times when my mind refuses to listen to itself.
'Won't you switch off the light?' I heard her murmur.
I turned to look at her. She looked up at me. A look of plaintive innocence was all over her face, but I knew it masked the mischief within.
I grinned and leaned over her to turn off the light.
I awoke with a start and switched on the lamp beside me. It isn't unusual to have erotic dreams- I've had plenty before. But they all stopped just before I made my move.
'Won't you switch off the light?' I heard her mumble from under the quilt.
I smiled to myself as I switched the light off. Sometimes reality is better than a dream, no matter how infrequent it is.


0 Comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Return