Hyde's tales

"Once upon a time, Hyde decided he could weave.
So he took to spinning yarn."

God save us all!


Sunday, April 01, 2007

Eternal sunshine of two spotless minds, Part I

“If you see dreams that are strange or recall events that don’t make sense at all, call me at this number. Only I can explain what they mean. You came to see me and told me what you wanted, that is how I know.

Do not lose this number. If you do, I will never be able to help you.”

He stared at the card, trying again to make sense of what it said. It never did in the last few weeks.

‘I wonder how this card got into my wallet. I don’t remember putting it there.’ he thought to himself. At the same time, he couldn’t help wondering at the “dreams that are strange or recall events that don’t make sense at all”.

There were times when he felt a gap in his life, as if some parts just fell out of place. Some parts that made little sense, or none at all. And that voice and those words…

“You will slowly fall asleep, and then I shall begin…”

The sharp ring of a telephone snapped his train of thoughts.

‘Hello?’

‘Hey! Coffee in some time, at the same place?’ It was her.

‘Sure’ he said, smiling into the receiver.

An hour later, he walked out of his house and to the rendezvous. She was another thing he couldn’t explain. It was as if he knew her from a long time. But they had begun seeing each other only for a week or so.

‘It must be the soul-mate connection that some people talk about’ he murmured. Apparently, she felt the same way too.

They met at a coffee shop that he frequented. She did too.

‘I have come in here so many times, but I never saw you’ she exclaimed.

‘Strange… I never saw you too.’

They were walking together to the nearby park, totally oblivious to the people around them. A man walking in the opposite direction, stopped and stared at them till they passed by him.

‘I’ll be damned’ he muttered to himself and turned into an alley.


To be continued...

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Return