Hyde's tales

"Once upon a time, Hyde decided he could weave.
So he took to spinning yarn."

God save us all!


Friday, November 11, 2005

Juliet and Romeo

The night was silent, save for the sound of softly falling rain.

A lone table lamp shone the only light in the room.

And the radio played songs. Songs of love and woe.

She stared out of the window in front of her, oblivous to the songs being played.

Oblivious to one song that stated what was in her mind.

And I dreamed your dream for you and now your dream is real
How can you look at me as if I was just another one of your deals?

When you can fall for chains of silver, you can fall for chains of gold
You can fall for pretty strangers, and the promises they hold
You promised me everything, you promised me thick and thin, yeah
Now you just say "oh Romeo, yeah, you know I used to have a scene with him"

Replace Romeo with Juliet, and her story would be no different.

Songs continued playing.

And she continued staring.

3 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Return